Monday, June 9, 2014

McGovern Player of the Finals - Game 2.

Fuck. I'm disappointed for several reasons. The Spurs losing is an obvious cause which I'll gloss over for now. The lack of Jonah Hill commercials is also a mixed bag. I'm mostly concerned about my lack of game awareness. During the game, I was texted by an individual with around a paragraph of vitriol for Ginobili. I immediately dismissed this as a common-place reaction to my polarizing scoring system. Haters gonna hate.
It's relevant to know that at this point I was several Beast-lights deep into what I had pre-ordained as the most heavy point-exchange of the Finals. This also happened during a commercial break during which I was running back and forth between my fridge, my recycling can and my computer on the other side of the basement. I'll be the first to admit I was caught red-handed texting someone who I thought was entirely someone else throughout most of the game. If only I had simply read the area code of the number... or realized any concept of timing. I didn't..
The fact that I had added yet another FAGGOT to the list kind of excited me. This FAGGOT happens to be a long-time hater of the McGovern Player of the Finals - and predictably a LeBron lover. He'll be referred to only as NOS. He sent me a rather degrading E-mail regarding my point system before game 1 began. As the astute individual I am however, I simply informed him about a few key facts. One of which was that my point system seemed to be universally embraced: even by a hockey player among others. And that my post detailing the intricacies of my point system had an all-time hit-high. Told.
Coming into game two I had received a few Jonah Hill references from random readers. I figured this would be a coming down party for Mr. Hill's point total. One particular picture of him alongside Dale Jr. prompted me to give him a -10 point total to start the game.
Tim Duncan came out roaring and I had hoped he might be my man, this game. Here's the way it worked out... No commas this time. For every comma during my last post, google + tried to hyperlink me to something, usually the show 24 - I'm not sure why. As many commas as are quantifiable in my last post, is at least how many times I had to exit a hyperlink. Edit: it's still happening. Anyway...

HEAT:
Allen: +1 +1 +1 +1
Anderson: +1 +1 +1
Bosh +1 +2 +3 +2
Chalmers +1 -4 +1
Cole + 1
James -1* +1 +1 -1* +1 +1 +1 +1 +1+1*
Lewis +1 +2
Wade -1 +1 +1

Spurs:
Bellinelli +1
Diaw +1 +1 -1 +1
Duncan +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 -2
Ginobili -1 +1 +1 +1 +1 -1
Green +1 +1 +1
Leonard +1 +1
Mills +1 +1
Parker +1 +1 +1
Splitter +1 +1 +2 +1

*Inexcusable edit: The asterisks on James's points regard different things. His initial subtraction was because he yet again used "dog" in his pre-game pep-talk. The second was because of a "hard work" Gatorade commercial. His third was because I felt he looked at a ref the wrong way.

McGovern FAGGOT of the Game:
Heat fans: 0 (don't count them out - it is cumulative after-all and their chant enrages me)
M. Jackson: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
J. Hill -10 -2 -2
Refs -1 -1 -1
Nos 0 (for now)

FAGGOT notes:
Don't count out Heat fans. They may be in a statistical hole, but every-time they perform that dumbass chant - which only seems to happen when their team is already winning, although I'll admit it's seemingly effective - I'm suspect to flip and subtract a massive point total. Whatever number first enters my head. Imagining it enrages me to an extent where I'd almost subtract something currently.

J. Hill: this fat fuck said 'real talk' during a clip; -10. I subsequently added any 22 Jumpstreet reference to his ability to lose points.

Nos: Well, well, well... when you threaten the big dog, you're likely to be bitten. No apologies here. As a supposed non-facebook user, you seem to have an interesting knowledge of the MPOTF point system's inner workings. If this was your goal: mission accomplished. One Taiwanese person is officially on the radar of the sports conglomerate known in the East only as MPOTF. I can add associations at will, subtract points on a whim and make-up stories wholly to warn. You have been.. warned.

No comments: